If a Client and a Freelancer enter into a Fixed-Price Contract, these Fixed-Price Credit Instructions (“Credit Instructions”) apply. These Instructions govern Fixed Price Accounts.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may modify these Instructions without prior notice to you, and any revisions to these Instructions will take effect when posted on the Site unless otherwise stated. Please check the Site often for updates.
TheseInstructions hereby incorporate the Terms of Service (“Terms of Service”). Capitalized terms not defined in these Instructions are defined in the User Agreement, elsewhere in the Terms of Service, or have the meanings given such terms on the Site. These Instructions do not apply to Hourly Contracts.
1. DIGITAL SIGNATURE
By clicking to Fund Credit /deposit credit/fund (a “Funding Approval”) or to accept a Fixed-Price Contract, Client and Freelancer are deemed to have executed these Credit Instructions electronically, Doing so constitutes an acknowledgement that you are able to electronically receive, download, and print these Credit Instructions. All references to the in these Instructions will include the initial Funding Approval and any additional Funding Approval for the Engagement.
2. RELEASE AND DELIVERY OF CREDITS/AMOUNTS
Client and Freelancer irrevocably authorize and instruct ODeskWork Credit to release applicable portions of the Fixed Price Account (each portion, a “Release”) to their Freelancer Credit Account or Client Credit Account, as applicable, via the Site, upon the occurrence of and in accordance with one or more Release Conditions provided below or as otherwise permitted by applicable law. The amount of the Release will be delivered to the applicable Credit Account in accordance with Freelancer’s or Client’s instructions, as applicable, these Instructions, and the other Terms of Service.
2.1 RELEASE CONDITIONS
As used in these Credit Instructions, “Release Condition” means any of the following:
- Client clicks to Release funds/Release Credits/job competed to Freelancer.
- Freelancer cancels the contract before a milestone payment/Job Payment has been released.
- Client and Freelancer have submitted joint written instructions for a Release.
- Client and Freelancer agree to close the contract.
- Client or Freelancer has failed timely to respond to an ODeskWork Dispute notification .
- Client or Freelancer has failed timely to pay for its share of Arbitration costs as required .
- Client or Freelancer otherwise has failed to comply with the Dispute Policy.
- Submitted of the final binding award of an arbitrator appointed pursuant to the Dispute Policy.
- Issuance of the final order of a court of competent jurisdiction from which appeal is not taken.
- We believe, in our sole discretion, that fraud, illicit acts, or a violation of ODeskWork’s Terms of Service has been committed or is being committed or attempted, in which case Client and Freelancer irrevocably authorize and instruct ODeskWork to take such actions as we deem appropriate in our sole discretion and in accordance with applicable law, in order to prevent or remedy such acts, including to return the proceeds of such acts to their source of payment.
3. DORMANT ENGAGEMENTS
To be fair to Clients and Freelancers, ODeskWork has a procedure for Fixed-Price Contracts that appear Dormant. For purposes of determining Dormant status, “activity” means business term or milestone updates or requests, Fixed-Price Credit Funding, Fixed-Price Credit Release, Fixed-Price Credit Refunds, Funding requests, Release requests, Engagement Cancellation requests, Status Report submitted, or actions under the Fixed Price Dispute Policy.
If a Fixed-Price Contract has a Fixed-Price Credit Account with a balance but has had no activity for 90 consecutive days after the last milestone date contained in the business terms, then the Engagement will be “Dormant.” Dormant Engagements are subject to the following rules:
- ODeskWork will notify Client when the Engagement becomes Dormant (“Dormant Date”).
- If no activity other than Release requests has occurred within 7 days after the Dormant Date, ODeskWork will notify the Freelancer that the Engagement is Dormant.
- If Freelancer and Client take no action for 7 days after the Dormant Date, Freelancer and Client agree that ODeskWork Credit Service is authorized and irrevocably instructed to release Credits funds to Client.
- If Freelancer submits a Release request and client does not take any action for 14 days from the date of the Release request, Freelancer and Client agree that ODeskWork Credit is authorized and irrevocably instructed to immediately release to Freelancer the amount related to the milestone with Release request.
- All funds released to Freelancer under this Section, Dormant Engagements, will be subject to the applicable Service Fees for Freelancers.